We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, he or she will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0—6 months
- Junior: 7 months—2 years
- Prime: 3—6 years
- Mature: 7—10 years
- Senior: 11—14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, he or she will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately, your cat's health will impact your relationship with him or her.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Therefore, any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior please call our office.
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Pet Surgery Center of Fort Lauderdale we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Emergency Care: We specialize in emergency care, and our facilities are designed to address any veterinary surgical emergency your cat may have
- Laboratory: Our laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat
- Medications: When your cat requires medication our doctors will provide the right prescription
- Microchip ID: We offer microchipping services for our established patients, which can be implanted during your cat's anesthetic procedure.
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability or condition
- Spay or Neuter: We provide a safe and painless surgical experience for your cat
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment, and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Vaccinations: While we recommend you maintain your cat's vaccinations with your primary care hospital, our veterinarians may require vaccinations prior to a procedure if your cat is overdue.